BLOG:CMS :: Support Forum

Support Forum for BLOG:CMS

You are not logged in.

#1 28.03.2005 04:43

plainsman
newbie...

Wiki Install Error

Just installed Blog:CMS ... really love it.  But, the one thing I really wanted it for was the full blown aspect - including the wiki.

It is the wiki that won't work.

I am now certain that I've gone through the instructions of the installation manual and properly uploaded and chmodded all files/folders.  I have searched the forum, too.

When I click on the 'wiki' menu link in the top menu bar, this is what I receive:

Not Found
The requested URL /www/vhosts/p/prcasestudies.com/htdocs/_/blogcms/wiki/index.php was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at prcasestudies.com Port 80

I imagine I have made a mistake on the configuration what would cause this.  Everything else works.  The 'underscore' in that pathname URL above is a bit troubling.  It seems to be the problem, but I don't know where to fix it.

My installation is at http://prcasestudies.com/blogcms/

I've even checked my PHP settings.  They seem to be correct, but you tell me:

Register globals = on (i have other platforms that require that)
Track variables = on
Magic quotes GPC = on
Magic quotes runtime = off
Allow URL fopen  = on
XML -  Extensible Markup Language = on
XML remote procedure calls  = on
MySQL database support  = on

There are others, of course (all off), but these are the only ones that are specific to other CMS platforms I have running - and they need to stay.

Any ideas of what the problem is?  Tried to be concise, but brief.

Thanks.

#2 29.03.2005 02:24

Radek Hulán
Site Admin
Website

Re: Wiki Install Error

This is a silly suggestion, but, haven't you deleted / not uploaded /wiki/index.php or set wrong permissions to it? I cannot see any reason why it should not find index.php..

Maybe try deleting /wiki/.htaccess, and see if that helps.

--= BLOG:CMS developer =--

#3 29.03.2005 02:46

plainsman
newbie...

Re: Wiki Install Error

Thank you, Radek.  It was the .htaccess that was causing the problem.  I wonder if it was .htaccess period, or one thing in it?  Will not having it cause me problems using the site effectively?

By the way, Blog:CMS is very cool!  And, having the whole implementation of blogs, forums and wiki all in one place is very impressive.  Except for this tiny .htaccess glitch, the platform is a breeze to install.

Terrific work!  Thanks for sharing it.

Robert

Board footer