BLOG:CMS :: Support Forum

Support Forum for BLOG:CMS

You are not logged in.

#1 28.09.2005 08:00

ihra
BLOG:CMS Senior
Website

Posting to future

Building guild pages for World of Warcraft and to plan guild raids etc we need to post to future. Calendar is easy to modify to show links to future dates and I have made simple plugin to show future posts (dark yellow box on top right of the page). Problem is, when I make links from titles, all I got is "item doesn't exist" as no future items are allowed.

Found out few posts from nucleus forum but blog:cms uses different method to show posts. I read through item.php and blog.php but I found no good place to modify code.

I think it is really simple if someone knows the right place...
I could then release my plugin and make simple tutorial how to make guild pages / tour events etc. As I searched through forum posts, there seems to be constant demand for those.

Current test-version is at:
www.nominaali.com/~freebooters

Blog:cms 4.0c, linux, apache 2, php5.

Last edited by ihra (28.09.2005 08:00)

#2 28.09.2005 10:40

Radek Hulán
Site Admin
Website

Re: Posting to future

This is easy, look for function getSqlBlog() in /admin/libs/BLOG.php, and remove this line:

Code:

. ' and i.itime<=' . mysqldate($this->getCorrectTime());

--= BLOG:CMS developer =--

#3 28.09.2005 11:56

ihra
Website

Yes, tried that. Gives links / headers for posts, but selecting whole item still gives "item doesnt exist".  Perhaps some modifications to item.php? Didn't manage to get it working... (if only item.php needs to be modified, then I will leave main page as it is, I have plugin which shows posts "from this day onward" with link to post).

#4 28.09.2005 12:13

Radek Hulán
Site Admin
Website

aha, ok, so mod also /admin/libs/ITEM.php, functions getitem() and exists(), and remove:

Code:

$query .= ' and i.itime <=' . mysqldate($blog->getCorrectTime());

--= BLOG:CMS developer =--

#5 28.09.2005 12:26

ihra
Website

Alright. Was missing that exists(); -function. Now everything is working as intended. I will post my tutorial as soon as I get to home.

#6 29.09.2005 13:26

ihra
Website

Humm... I expect there would be no way to show only current day or older posts at main page.
Then my plugin would show date / link to future items.

As I have made both hacks above, my main page and calendar shows same items. Haven't figured out how to check date only in main page and still make viable link / commenting to future items (to participate to raid for example, requires user to leave comment to be counted on, thus not enough comments = no raid). Perhaps I should use different categories for calendar items? I'd still like to see those future items on main page after event has happened for after event pictures and discussion...

Board footer