BLOG:CMS :: Support Forum

Support Forum for BLOG:CMS

You are not logged in.

#1 11.02.2006 22:16

instinctual
BLOG:CMS Junior

make blog id available in head of admin area

Hi Radek, I'm trying to move the admin navigation around for when you are managing your blog.  I have put some header html code into admin/libs/ADMIN.php and wrapped a design around the backend components - however, I can't seem to get blogid to pass into some of my hand-coded links.

For example, I have a button at the top that says "Add new blog post".  The url is going to index.php?action=createitem&blogid= but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the blogid injected in there.  I see several spots in the code where you have referenced it different way, and I have tried implemnting some similar code pieces but to no luck.

I am putting this into admin.php around where the beginning <html> tag starts for the design of the admin interface.

Any ideas or help?

Thanks!

#2 12.02.2006 11:23

Radek Hulán
Site Admin
Website

Re: make blog id available in head of admin area

ADMIN.php has no reference to BLOGID, as logged-in user can be team member of several blogs.. BLOGID has a sense in SKIN.php and such, which are parsing the *current* blog, thus BLOGID is known..

--= BLOG:CMS developer =--

#3 12.02.2006 21:51

instinctual
BLOG:CMS Junior

Right, I understand that part - I guess here is what I"m trying to do:

When you are the manager of just one blog, you get the "summary" table listing your blog with an add item and edit/delete items buttons.  I know if you were managing multiple blogs, it might interrupt, but with just one blog to manage - I'm trying to re-design the admin interface with nice huge dummy-proof buttons for performing actions.

So...I'm trying to move those add/edit/delete items links up into the head html found in ADMIN.PHP that start the display of the admin interface - in a top menu.

Can you think of anyway to do this?  The html I would need to insert these into is in ADMIN.PHP around where the begining <html> starts.

I just can't seem to pass the blogid as the last paramater of the link url to get it to work.  It looks as if I need to alter the php function that the <html> is within - and I've tried modifying it in several other spots where I saw blogid was available - copying some of the sql calls and variable declarations to try to make it available there, but to no avail.

Ideas?

#4 13.02.2006 00:36

Radek Hulán
Site Admin
Website

You can always use $member->getID(), and query nucleus_team table for this member, if he is admin of weblog (tadmin=1), and which one (tblog).

--= BLOG:CMS developer =--

Board footer