BLOG:CMS :: Support Forum

Support Forum for BLOG:CMS

You are not logged in.

#11 14.09.2006 04:26

nkannan
BLOG:CMS Senior

Re: i can't edit

Hermes:  It works! Sorry for the trouble.

Now, the question is how to change the adminstrative password of your choice (not generated by BLOG CMS)? [I got an answer to this question and I shared my knowledge in this forum in an another place]

Last edited by nkannan (15.09.2006 03:37)

Eager to learn

#12 14.09.2006 09:04

nkannan

\\Then, edit conf/users.auth and promote at least one user from “user” to “admin”. From then on there is an additional “Admin” button available if you are logged in as a user who belongs to the “admin” group. \\

Q:
1. How to get this "Admin" button? What changes in which files needed?
2. How to get "Access Control List Management"?
3. How to install a 'Wiki plugin'? In BLOG CMS, I do not see 'lib' folder and the 'plugin' folder inside. Uploading those folders using FTP do not effect any change in the behaviour of BLOG CMS-Wiki.
4. How does Wiki recognize 'admin' from 'superadmin'? If I change a 'user' to 'admin' in cong/user.auth.php will that person become a 'adminstrator' or 'super administrator'?

Eager to learn

#13 14.09.2006 20:48

hermes

I mean after steps 2 and 3

When you log like admin, you can see the "admin" and "edit" buttoms at the end of your main wiki page.

When you clic the admin button, you can set permissions and other options like title of wiki, language, main page, passwords, etc. TRY YOURSELVE. smile

Last edited by hermes (14.09.2006 22:02)

Regards, hermes :: I LOVE BLOG:CMS

#14 15.09.2006 03:34

nkannan

Hermes:

The problem is that I don't see this 'admin' button even after I login as administrator!! Some thing/some where wrong. I wonder what is that.

1.Should I need to install anything new?
2.Should I give permission to any file/folder?
3.Should I change the php code in any file?

I need to really adminster the Wiki not just to edit the wiki on my own!

Eager to learn

#15 15.09.2006 04:43

nkannan

Additionally:

As a 'user' I can't 'edit' as well (with a different eMail ID). However, one could register as a 'user' only to read the files but not able to 'edit'.

I think, there is some permission needed some where (dokuwiki.php?)

Eager to learn

#16 15.09.2006 19:19

hermes

answers to its questions:
1.NO
2.NO
3.NO

I feel it but no longer I DON'T know HOW to explain to you a better form, but is clear i think. If you like i can do for you, and after you can change the passwords, email me. Wiki is a thing and blog is other, is not the same password and user or admin.

if you do not see the button “admin” and you can publish like user, everything what it has done is bad.

It is impossible to publish like user that is normal.   

Forget everything,

It returns to it registered like new user again and it begins from the beginning., and it follows the four steps exactly 1,2,3 y 4 (only those at http://forum.blogcms.com/viewtopic.php?pid=8496#p8496) as I explain them.   

Note when I say to him that it does not use the password sent by mail, until admin” with the code does not write the line in red color, this code is an example, you must copy and stick your code.

Try again at the beginning and follow the steps. 1,2,3 and 4

Last edited by hermes (15.09.2006 19:35)

Regards, hermes :: I LOVE BLOG:CMS

Board footer