BLOG:CMS :: Support Forum

Support Forum for BLOG:CMS

You are not logged in.

#1 24.10.2006 10:29

gradinger
newbie...

admin language?

i got a little prob with the language when i want to login to the gallery..

i use the link at the bottom, or the one in the blog/admin-site to enter the gallery-adminsection

but everything there is in czech or slovak or such a language

i´ve change the default language in singapure.ini but doesnt to anything

then i´ve noticed the foreign words are not even in the language-files but hardcoded in the admin.php of singapure?! hmm .. is it even possible to change this language or what did i do wrong?

tia
grad

#2 26.10.2006 15:10

gradinger
newbie...

Re: admin language?

well, it seems some of the singapore files you implemented are messed with the czech language (or something like that) while the translation files need the english phrases.

so i changed some files (admin.php, admin.tpl.php, login.tpl.php, admin.class.php) to the original files downloaded from singapore 0.9.11.

seems to work so far but still a bit messy cuz some things are english and some are german now and some german special letters dont get displayed right which may be an IE error.

odd that nobody seems to have had that prob so far - but maybe this helps if somebody encounters it.

now i gotta check the missing translations and why singapore doesnt use another skin but the default.

#3 27.10.2006 05:22

arin
newbie...

I have this same problem and couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Keep us informed on a total fix for this if possible.

Last edited by arin (27.10.2006 16:09)

#4 28.10.2006 15:11

gradinger
newbie...

i´ve fixed most probs now...

besides the admin.php and admin.class.php i´vve exchanged most templates files with the ones from the singapore original release.
i guess it should be possible to exchange them all without messing up the integration, but not confirmed yet.

also i´ve solved my prob with the special german letters which were displayed incorrectly. this was due to an iso-encoding in the singapore locale-file, so i´m using the locale-files from the blog:cms-release which have the charset correctly set to utf-8.

still some problems remain:
- i cant get singapore to use the blog:cms-skin. well it can be done statically through editing the header.tpl in default -and admin.default directory. but it doesnt load the cfg.php for some reason.
- still some translations are missing and displayed in english, which is a minor prob and will be cuz of lil inconsistancies in the translation file. (i´d first try to change the phrases in the template files to the ones used in the pmo-files, but if there the translation is missing at all a new translation-file has to be compiled)
- i had a prob on another machine with the automatic login-sharing with the blog:cms - but could just be a cookie problem of that browser. a minor prob for now. the bigger problem is that the login in does not work seperately for singapore. i mean if the login from  blog:cms gets shared i´m fine through auto-login but if i want to login in singapore seperately an error occurs. i think this error also occured before i exchanged the admin and admin.class.php - just fyi.

thats it for now.

Board footer