BLOG:CMS :: Support Forum

Support Forum for BLOG:CMS

You are not logged in.

#1 17.10.2004 00:00

trench
newbie...

Music Blog

Im a musician, and all the musicans on our site would love to have some kind of music blog, where they can share their music with others.  Just wondering if this could be made possible big_smile

#2 17.10.2004 15:52

eDevil
BLOG:CMS Senior
Website

Re: Music Blog

what exactly does the term "music blog" mean ?

#3 20.12.2004 06:08

hyrcan
BLOG:CMS Junior
Website

This would be an "audioBlog" or Podcasting...  Which could be used for music, speach, news, what ever... For more info check out http://iPodder.sf.net

The solution would actually take care of several things at once.  The solution being adding support for RSS enclosures.  This would allow a blogger to add a file, (image, mp3, whatever) as the content of the RSS article.  This is part of the RSS 2.0 spec (see: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss ), and quite easy to do.  It's just a matter of adding a an enclosure tag in the RSS, but the 'hard' part is adding that field to the BLOG:CMS article form, and subsequint link to the website displaying the artical.

This is something I'd love to see BLOG:CMS to adopt, podcasting is starting to catch on, but doesn't touch on other things that people could do with it, such as photo-casting... wink ... or for that matter richer RSS articles that include photo's or other documents...

I'll start looking into it, but I'm very straped for time at the moment, so I can't promise anything, and I'll encourage others to look into it as well..

Hyrcan

#4 12.04.2005 21:32

DuckFat
BLOG:CMS Junior

Put me down for this request as well.  Podcasting is really booming and this would be a great feature that would probably give BlogCMS a good lead over other packages if it were added as an option.

#5 14.09.2006 17:32

thegreenman
newbie...

so any podcast support yet?

#6 16.09.2006 12:18

Radek Hulán
Site Admin
Website

Ok, requests noticed smile

--= BLOG:CMS developer =--