BLOG:CMS :: Support Forum

Support Forum for BLOG:CMS

You are not logged in.

#1 28.05.2007 20:40

thomashansen
newbie...

changing admin name

I use blog:cms on my old-but-still-working site. I just got new a domain/server, and found a problem while trying to install the blog on site's root: the /admin address is used on my site server to manage the web services. I tried to change the blog's admin directory to "bladmin" and adjust the paths during the installation, but it just freezes after I submit the installation script.

I run a grep searching for "admin" on the installation scripts, and discovered that most references to it are NOT related to the internal variable which stores the admin path.

So I ask: is there a way of changing the admin folder's name, or relocating it to where I can use it?

Thanks!

#2 29.05.2007 01:43

Radek Hulán
Site Admin
Website

Re: changing admin name

You can change it to any name your want, just remember, when you transfer you DB from old server to new one, go through nucleus_config table in database (e.g. via phpMyAdmin), and change all references to new URL / directory.

If you are not transfering, but installing from scratch, the easy way would be to make a local install (using admin/), change directory name, adjust DB, and make files and DB upload. "admin/" is hardcoded in too many install.php locations, but not later on.

--= BLOG:CMS developer =--

#3 29.05.2007 02:48

thomashansen
newbie...

Thanks, Radek, I´ll try that!

#4 29.05.2007 04:32

thomashansen
newbie...

Thanks, Radek, it worked!

I'm just concerned about one thing: the version of Blog:cms I used on the old server was 4.1, the new one is 4.2. I just made a backup of the old database (marking the "drop table/view" option) and restored on the new system, changing what was needed on nucleus_config. however, I noticed that the old system had 41 tables, instead of 42 (new version). The restore procedure kept the extra table on the new server. Based on this differences, my question: are there any other changes I must do on this system? (I already changed cfg.php to point to dbadmin)

Thank you!

#5 29.05.2007 12:03

Radek Hulán
Site Admin
Website

I would advice you uninstall plugins with "date modified > 4.1.? release" and install them again. There are some new options / tables, which will get created only this way.

You can see release dates here:
http://blogcms.com/wiki/changelog

--= BLOG:CMS developer =--

Board footer