BLOG:CMS :: Support Forum

Support Forum for BLOG:CMS

You are not logged in.

#1 02.05.2008 02:39

nkannan
BLOG:CMS Senior

Blogs go bizzare

Friends:

I reported earlier my problem with BLOGCMS blogs adminstration. I get a similar error message in all my blogs not showing any entry as and when I try to edit an entry in my administration. The error message is:

Invalid query: SELECT i.inumber as itemid, i.ititle as title, i.ibody as body, m.mname as author, m.mrealname as authorname, i.itime as itime, i.imore as more, m.mnumber as authorid, m.memail as authormail, m.murl as authorurl, c.cname as category, i.icat as catid, i.iclosed as closed FROM nucleus_item as i, nucleus_member as m, nucleus_category as c WHERE i.iblog=2 and i.iauthor=m.mnumber and i.icat=c.catid and i.idraft=0 and i.itime<="2008-05-02 01:31:42" ORDER BY i.itime DESC LIMIT 0,10

Error: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_4d50_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

What does it mean? Why can't I see my blog entries and edit them in my blog administration? Any idea? Is it a bug? Hijacking? or a simple error?

Is there a way to retrieve all my previous entries of all my blogs? I tried to look for blog entries in PHP Myadmin at my server but I could not locate them.

Any help is appreciated!

Eager to learn

#2 06.05.2008 17:56

core1234
newbie...

Re: Blogs go bizzare

This is due to a problem with your host. Your account does not have access to write to the /tmp directory on your server. This is the relevant bit of the error code:

Error: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_4d50_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

Your host should either correct the permissions issue on the /tmp directory or modify the my.cnf file controlling your mysql server to use a different temp directory to which it has write access.

#3 10.05.2008 07:32

nkannan

Thanks. That helps. Off late I realized that all my domains with that host are hijacked. The adminstrator does not respond yet to my appeal. May be he is in trouble. I do not want to loose my domain which has picked up some traffic over the years. I keep my fingers crossed. What a life!

Eager to learn

#4 25.05.2008 13:36

nkannan

//
Your host should either correct the permissions issue on the /tmp directory or modify the my.cnf file controlling your mysql server to use a different temp directory to which it has write access.
//

For a strange reason all my blogs became alive for few hours today. After working on the entries for some time, I got back my "Error: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_4d50_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)" message.

When I contacted the server administrator he writes me back saying the he had no clue on this problem and instead asked me to contact the BLOGCMS!!

If I need to help him, how exactly should I phrase my mail so that he can solve the problem at his end?

Is there a way I can check my cPanel to solve it on my own?

What happened in between while I got everything working back for a brief time?

Should I have to look in to any of the BLOG files? modify some thing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eager to learn

#5 03.06.2008 20:43

core1234
newbie...

Point him to this page in the mysql manuals: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ … reate.html

Board footer