BLOG:CMS :: Support Forum

Support Forum for BLOG:CMS

You are not logged in.

#1 30.06.2005 00:22

zerohalo
BLOG:CMS Junior

Updating to latest DokuWiki version

I spent a bit of time installing DokuWiki on its own on my server, apart from BLOG:CMS, and found that the latest development version has some important fixes and additional features (like an ACL interface).

Do you think it's possible to overwrite the version of DokuWiki that exists in BLOGCMS with the DokuWiki development version (or any new DokuWiki release)? In other words, are there BLOGCMS specific changes to the DokuWiki code that would "break" the site should I upgrade the DokuWiki part of BLOGCMS?

#2 13.07.2005 18:43

Chris..S
BLOG:CMS Senior

Re: Updating to latest DokuWiki version

Pretty much no.  Although going from Blog:CMS dokuwiki to current Dokuwiki involves some significant changes.

The (current) latest development version has a new folder structure.  You will need to track down the custom include files, meta.html, topheader.html & footer.html.  These all used to reside in includes/.  In current versions of Dokuwiki they are found with your chosen template.  For the default template that is lib/tpl/default/.

Dokuwiki data files are now stored in a different set of folders.  Which means you will most likely need to move your current wiki pages from their current location to the new location.

#3 13.07.2005 19:23

zerohalo
BLOG:CMS Junior

Thanks, Chris. Should I also assume that the .css files have been modified to fit with BLOGCMS' look and therefore I should use the old ones?

I noticed that in the new version of DokuWiki templates are supported so I presume that I'll need to create a template that matches BLOGCMS?

I'll see if I manage to do this. I don't have programming experience so it'll be trial an error. Probably someone with experience could do it much quicker/better and then it could benefit everyone if we plug the changes back into BLOGCMS. Anyone out there want to try?

#4 11.09.2005 02:27

Chris..S
BLOG:CMS Senior

You could create a template to match BLOG:CMS.  Its not necessary, although long term its probably the best solution.

Simple solution is to copy the contents of the current wiki/includes folder into your dokuwiki template folder (by default, wiki/lib/tpl/default)

Board footer