BLOG:CMS :: Support Forum

Support Forum for BLOG:CMS

You are not logged in.

#1 18.10.2005 22:03

noble
newbie...

NP_fancierURL

Hi,

I played around with blog:cms about a year ago but never implemented it.  It still looks like the best CMS out there.  I recently installed blog:cms 4.0 and I see some things have changed.

I am wondering about the fancierURL plugin.  I remember before that it used to include the date in the URL like: www.mysite.com/item/2006/10/18/item_title.  This helps prevent having a conflict over 2 items with the same name.  I prefer that method to adding the item ID to the URL, which is what the current plugin does.  I found another NP_fancierURL plugin here: http://wiki.gednet.com/NPFancierURL which curiously enough has the same version number as the one inluded with blog:cms.  Unfortunately it is not compatible with blog:cms as far as I can tell.  Is there any way I can get this other plugin to work, or to modify the included plugin to do what I want?

I can't find much in the way of documentation for fancierURL.  For instance, what does the option "Create simple links /item/title?" do?  It doesn't seem to change the URL format at all.  (I was actually hoping this would make the URLs like I want.)

Thanks,
Noble

#2 18.10.2005 22:39

noname
BLOG:CMS PhD
Website

Re: NP_fancierURL

blogcms has a bit different structure then nucleus, for which is the original plugin made (the reason for this is a compatibility with any SQL/PHP). But afaik that what you need can be done with build-in plugin as well. But you have to not forget to do it properly - go to extras/fancyurls and read the docs

#3 18.10.2005 22:57

noble
newbie...

hmm...

I'm not finding any docs in extra/fancyurls directory.  Just the readme that says copy all the files to root and edit fancyurls.config.php.

#4 19.10.2005 08:07

empiryk
BLOG:CMS PhD
Website

noname wrote:

blogcms has a bit different structure then nucleus, for which is the original plugin made (the reason for this is a compatibility with any SQL/PHP). But afaik that what you need can be done with build-in plugin as well. But you have to not forget to do it properly - go to extras/fancyurls and read the docs

Here is contents of redme.txt

If you want to use FancyURLs, like /item/this-is-a-title, copy
all these files into a root directory (where config.php and index.php
resides), and change path in fancyurls.config.php!

This is not very informative, isn't it? :-/
My question is: how can I obtain in BlogCMS fancy URLs the same, as in Nucleus?
Current syntax of BlogCMS FancyURL is inconsistent (item_title - part) with Polish national characters - they are spoiled.

Last edited by empiryk (19.10.2005 08:08)

[ I apologize for my poor english sad ]

#5 19.10.2005 16:48

noble
newbie...

It appears that fancierURL is not really a plugin at all.  The function setglobalvariables in admin/libs/globalfunctions.php is what interprets the URL so the core would have to be hacked in order to change this.  It seems that a lot of the "plugins" in Blog:CMS are actually part of the core code.  Makes it kind of hard to write a different version of an existing plugin smile

Board footer